Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My baby is ONE!

Our family minus Josie.

Me, Carly, Michelle and Jasmine. It just seems like yesterday Michelle and I were huge and pregnant. Were so excited for these two cute girls to grow up together.

The huge cupcake, she loved it. I made it with a cupcake mold...you probably have seen the infomercials on tv.

Carly was so cute when she opened this present from my mom. She put the pj's around her neck, she loves soft fabric.



All the girl cousins...not sure where the boys were. From left to right Allison, Carly, Josie and Paige.





This picture sums up how hard it was to get a picture of Carly holding still. She's always on the move.
Carly turned one on December 11th, I still can't believe she's ONE. I keep saying the 2nd one grows up so much faster than the first one and its still true. She was a little under the weather but luckily she took a nap before her party. We had both sides of the family over for a light lunch, chicken croissants, salads, drinks and cake. We ate lunch, opened presents and ate cake. It was a good party.

A few things about Carly at one. She loves her big sister Josie. Before Josie wakes up she yells in her own words, pretty much saying Josie where are you?,come play with me. Carly usually wakes up before Josie and every time Josie comes down stairs she gets so excited. They are so cute together, when their not fighting. Carly walks every where, some times runs in her own way. She has 8 teeth four on top, four on bottom.
I stopped nursing her 2 days after her birthday. I was counting the days down but when her birthday came I was kind of torn. I didn't think I would get so emotional and I didn't know how attached to the nursing process I really was. I felt that was my way of comforting her or being close to her. I had mixed emotions on the whole subject. I just can't believe how much better I did with nursing Carly than I did with Josie. I met my goal of a year, I'm still not sure if I'll nurse all my other kids but Carly and my nursing experience went well. She seemed to do just fine with out me and that made me kind of sad. My job was done. I've been giving her a sippy cup for about a month and a half so she could get use to it. She's adjusting very well.
She eats pretty much anything but baby food carrots. She won't take her binky any more. It's amazing how different my two girls are. Carly loves to go and do what she's not suppose to. She loves bathrooms, stairs, garbages, and things to climb on. Any place that she could get hurt you'd find her. She's not a thrill seeker but she's very curious. She's still getting use to swings but still hates being thrown up in the air. She's a ball of energy and were enjoying trying to keep up with our sweet Carly. Here's to another year of adventures.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh wow! I can't believe Carly is already one! She is a doll! I love the giant cupcake! Did you make it? It looks like Carly had a fun party! :)

Wendy said...

Happy birthday Carly! She sounds like so much fun.

Hannah S said...

How fun! She still has the red hair! What a cutie! I can't believe she's walking already. I thought about getting one of those cupcake molds too. I think they're so cool!
Cecily is very attached to nursing. I am afraid it will be harder to wean her. I go a year and then I'm done. However, with Cecily I"m a little more attached to her too. Perhaps because she might be my last. Who knows. I don't :)
Miss you guys!