Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010





Our Christmas was extra fun this year. Josie is almost four and she's really into all that is Christmas except SANTA of course. Josie helped me decorate the house this year what a fun thing to do with your kids. We have been trying to start some Christmas traditions for our little family. We went to Temple Square and saw the lights. On Christmas Eve,Eve we drove around and saw Christmas light's on peoples houses. One neighborhood had awesome lights that told the story Twis the night before Christmas a little bit at each house. We also went to Winder Dairy and ate hot chocolate and scones. The scones were great but way too crowded and there lights weren't that impressive, I don't think we will do that again. Were still looking for that amazing tradition that we'll do each year.

Josie also had a Christmas program for her preschool and sang a bunch of songs. We also got to ride on a train around the whole mall. I wish I didn't ride it for her but being the paranoid mom I rode along and got a little motion sick, but Josie loved the ride. We wanted Josie to sit on Santa's lap but she didn't even want to get close to him just like the last two years but its been kind of fun this year because we've been able to teach her all about the true meaning of Christmas and she loves talking about baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. But I love that if she's doing something she's not suppose to I can use the saying, "you better be good or Santa's not coming." and it usually works. HA! What an evil mom I am.



Christmas Eve we had lunch/dinner with my family and opened presents. We also were able to Skype with my sister Stephanie and her family that lives in California.

Later that night we went to Elliot's uncles house for dessert and White elephant game.
/>
We spent Christmas at Elliot's parents house. The girls slept so good and woke up way too early but it really felt like Christmas when you wake up at the crack of dawn. Josie was so cute she came up stairs and saw all the presents under the tree with her mouth wide open and said, "already?" She was waiting for Christmas to come and she couldn't believe it actually was here. Carly and Josie got some PJ's and some adorable outfits from her grandparents. Josie got a Tinkerbell doll, horses, a hopscotch rug, zuh zuh pet and the one thing she asked for was a recorder not a flute a RECORDER. She told me all December that's what she wanted. I told her I don't know if we should ask for that because it was too loud, then she said she would play it in her room.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

So cute! Sophie didn't ask for anything specific this year, so I got her things that I liked. So funny about the recorder-not a flute. :) Your family is just adorable.

Andrea said...

What a fun Christmas! That is so fun that about the nieghborhood with the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" lights. There is nothing cool like that up here in Idaho.
I love the picture of you guys at Temple Square...and the one of you all on Christmas morning. What a cute family! That is so funny about the recorder! Has Josie been pretty good to play in her room? :)