Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day to DAY

What to Blog about???????? I guess my life consists of my girls. Carly's crawling, pulling herself up, cruising and climbing up the stairs. She's crazy...new nickname crazy Carly. Her and her dad have been getting along a lot better...she was a mommy's girl for a long time but is finally warming up to her wonderful dad. She'll be 8 months on the 11th, I can't believe how much faster it goes with the 2nd kid. She also hates having her diaper changed.


Josie's full of energy, when were not doing something she gets so bored and whiny. She still loves to dress up, ride on her new scooter (thanks again NANNY LISA) and take all of her toys away from her sister. She's really having a hard time sharing all of "her" toys with her sister. Good News...the kids are both in there own beds and have been for a while. Josie was having a rough spurt for a while. She'd come into our bed around 3am every night. She now goes to sleep without us laying by her until she falls asleep. She's growing up slowly but just in time for preschool to start at the end of the month. She's been showing interest in the ABCs, thanks to leapfrog magnets. We've had that silly thing since she was one and now she's interested in it. Josie's always been one of those kids that you can't make them do anything...she'll do it when she's ready and willing.


I just got called to be in the primary presidency as the 1st counselor. I was really surprised since I just got called to be a relief society teacher a month before that. I taught relief society twice and then it was on to something new. I really like primary a lot better. I think heavenly father knew that was just going to be way too stressful for me. Being a mom is great...Some days are better than others. Some days I can't wait till bed time so I can have some alone time. I hope to get more of a balance of me time and kid time. I'm so happy to have so much family around.

4 comments:

Mary Lynn Evans said...

My oldest is like Josee. I can get her to do things until she is ready. It was pretty frustrating but it got better. :)

Andrea said...

What cute girls you have! That is so crazy and exciting that Carly is crawling! I bet you just chase your girls around all day! Both Josie and Carly are just beautiful!

Yay that they are both in their beds! How did you get Josie to go to sleep by herself and stay in her bed all night? Aiden won't go to sleep without us there and also wakes up and ends up with us most nights...it's driving me crazy!!!

That is so fun that you are in the primary presidency! Busy, busy, busy!

Hannah S said...

You'd fit right into primary presidency. I can't believe Carly is moving around so much already! Cecily is content just hanging on the floor. I don't push her moving much either bcse, well, it's easier for me right now. Let's be honest. I'd have to vacuum more! j/k. yay for sleeping well!!!

Jared and Emily said...

Joey is finally interested in his Leapfrog magnets to. Where are you taking her to preschool? Or are you doing home preschool? I was not thinking of preschool until a year or so still. But Joey could definitly use it now!