Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Journal

Josie started Preschool, I know she's only 3 and 1/2 but I think she really needed the social atmosphere and to learn more of the basics from someone who's not her mom. Our ward is pretty small and there's not too many kids around here so its nice for her to interact with kids her own age. I'm totally impressed with her teacher, she's been teaching them songs, doing tons of art projects (painting is Josie's favorite), show and tell, and snack. You might all think,"I can do that all at home." I could too, but I think for her she needed to get away from her mom and learn some independence.
We've been working a lot on independence, this past few weeks. She can dress her self, brush her teeth, comb her hair, put her shoes on and make her own bed (for the most part). She's been able to do all of these things for about a year but now she really loves doing them by herself. She's really has become such a great little helper. I'm so proud of her progress in such a short amount of time. She's still trying to learn how to share better. Especially with her cousins and sister but she's trying ( I guess its just really hard for her to accept). If I ask her to share, her usual response is, "not right now." She ask a lot of questions these days. The other day I got pulled over for speeding and Josie was with me. She didn't understand why we were pulled over to the side of the rode. I told her I was going too fast and the police officer has to give me a ticket. She then says while pointing to a car that was speeding past us, "they need a ticket." She's so smart and she really does understand pretty much anything.
She still isn't a very good eater, loves her Mac and Cheese, Juice, PBJ, cheese, pancakes, yogurt and Milk. Someday's I just don't understand how she's still growing. Hopefully she'll grow out of that soon. She also loves to pretends to be a dog on a regular basis and she wants me to play fetch with her ( I go along with it for a little bit). But in all honesty I hate dogs and I don't want to play fetch with a real one or a pre-tend one. I also hope she grows out of this.
Carly just turned 9 months old she weighs 17lbs 15oz and is 27 inches tall. She's pretty much tall and skinny. She's been such a fun baby. She use to be a really good napper but she decided to be a kitty cat napper ( in Josie's words) and is now a wonderful night sleeper. She sleeps about 8 hours a night...yes you read that right...EIGHT HOURS!!!! As I write that I'm afraid that this will stop. I'm so proud of her and myself for that matter. I've become so heartless and I just would let her cry when she'd wake up in the night. I think she's really going to be a good sleeper from now on. Cross your fingers, I sure am. She really gets in to mischief she climbs into the dishwasher while I'm trying to unload or load up. She loves to bug her sister. She doesn't laugh very much, she's kind of like her dad she laughs on the inside. She has this little evil laugh especially when she know's she's not suppose to be doing something. She's so funny. I wish I could get it on camera. She's eating more and more finger food, I seem to not have to nurse her that much anymore. I love my girls and this stage of life I think my only complaint would be that I don't get as much scrapbooking done as I would like...I hate being 6 months behind.




5 comments:

Englebright said...

How on earth did our kids get so big? Josie looks so grown up! Hooray for preschool. I am wishing something would have worked out for Parker this year. It might be a long year without it!

Give those girls a squeeze for me!

Wendy said...

I think pre-school is great! And your girls are so cute. Carly's smile is infectious!

Andrea said...

Josie and Carly are SO CUTE! I can't believe how big they are getting...Josie is in pre-school?!? Crazy! And I can't believe Carly is sleeping 8 hours a night--hooray for you!!! That is great that you are only 6 months behind in scrapbooking! I am YEARS behind.

Campbell said...

Yeah I'm impressed with you only being 6 months behind too. :D I wish I was only 6 months behind. haha
I'm so happy that Josie likes her preschool. That's one thing I miss living here is that awesome preschool. They are just so nice and I love all the stuff they do.

stephslater said...

Your girls are so pretty! Just like their momma i guess. I wish you still lived just down the street. I want to get to know this little Carly girl. Can't wait to see you on Saturday.