Monday, May 17, 2010

Camping

We just got back from our camping trip with my side of the family up in Ogden Canyon I think it was near Huntsville. It was so pretty up there. It was by a lake and the weather was wonderful. The only few draw backs of camping are nursing in the cold of night, dealing with overly tired kids (Josie) and being cold while you sleep. I'm glad that we had a camper this time instead of having to sleep in the tent with my 5 month old. We had so much good food and family fun the whole time. I loved the smores and dutch oven cooking. Thanks Lisa for planning such a fun trip and thanks dad for letting us staying in your new camper.

This is what Carly wore the whole time to keep warm. Isn't she such a cute little bear?

Josie being so excited to be camping and doing bubbles.

Josie and I sitting around the camp fire. Can you believe how blue Josie's eyes are. Such a beautiful girl.

Elliot's famous dutch oven cobbler...YUMMY.

7 comments:

Englebright said...

aww, Josie's cheesy smile is so cute!

Now I'm craving Elliot's dutch oven cooking!

Andrea said...

How fun! Your girls are so darling! I love the picture of Carly all bundled up! The dutch oven cobbler looks delicious and that is nice of your dad to let you stay in his camper! What a fun reunion!
Were you up by Pineview Reservoir? It's a lake by Huntsville...that is my family's favorite place to boat!

Hannah S said...

I know, I want Elliot to come down and cook for us again!
I am glad you had a fun trip. Your sister is so sweet and thanks for the car. I totally forgot about it. How did the co-sleep work out?

stephslater said...

I didn't realize people camp this early. You go girl. My mom got a camper 2 years ago, and we can never go back to a tent again. Josie takes such cute pictures. Love it.

Jared and Emily said...

So fun! Josie is so pretty! I might want to do some match making in the future! We should get together sometime with the kidlets!

Jenny & Tanner said...

How fun! Josie is so pretty. Her eyes really are SO blue. You have such little cuties!

Campbell said...

Looks like lots of fun. Your kids look so cute and I can't believe how big Carly looks. When I told Ben that she must be almost 6 months he couldn't believe it. So I had to go back through your blog to see when she was born and show him before he believed me. :D